Invisalign – Invisible Braces for all Ages in Oshawa, ON
Have you ever wished for a straighter, healthier smile, but not looked forward to all the metal wires and bands that often go along with braces? At Oshawa Centre Orthodontics we can make your dream of having a new smile come to life. Invisalign is nearly invisible, so that you can straighten your teeth without anyone knowing. It is the “clear ” alternative to traditional metal braces. Dr. Ma & Dr. Riekenbrauk are Certified Preferred Invisalign Orthodontists, making them members of a select group of doctors who have achieved an exceptional level of Invisalign experience. They have treated many cases with this leading edge appliance system, giving patients a “clearly” effective and incredibly comfortable way to wear braces! To learn more about Invisalign and whether you or your child are a candidate for Invisalign Teen, contact our office today to schedule your complimentary Invisalign evaluation.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a clear aesthetic technique used to align teeth. Invisalign uses a series of doctor prescribed customized, clear aligners to straighten teeth with fewer office visits than traditional braces. The aligners are made of an FDA approved, medical grade plastic that is customized to fit your teeth. Dr. Ma or Dr. Riekenbrauck determine how teeth move in terms of speed, order, and direction using 3-D computer software. About every two weeks, there is a new aligner that fits your teeth slightly differently from the previous one to gradually improve alignment. Invisalign must be worn for as close to full-time as possible. The general rule is for 22 hours per day, allowing two hours for brushing, flossing, and eating. The average treatment time with Invisalign is about one year, ranging from about six months to about two years, depending on the severity of the malocclusion and patient compliance.
Benefits of Invisalign
People everywhere are beginning to experience the benefits of Invisalign treatment. Here’s why people just like you are choosing Invisalign over traditional braces:
- Invisible to the eye – Invisalign aligners cannot be seen while you are wearing them! With Invisalign you can have a straighter, healthier smile without all the noticeable wires and brackets of traditional braces.
- Comfort – The aligners are made from a special plastic that has smooth, rounded edges so they won’t irritate your mouth and tissues like traditional braces often can.
- Customized just for you – Your Invisalign aligners are customized to fit your mouth only. Dr. Ma & Dr. Riekenbrauk use advanced 3-D computer imaging technology to replicate an exact impression of your mouth and teeth, and customizes each aligner so that it fits your mouth.
- Removable –You can remove your aligners to eat, drink, brush your teeth, floss and for special occasions. There’s no need to change your lifestyle with Invisalign! This makes it easy for you to enjoy the foods you love without worrying about breaking or bending your brackets and wires.
- Effective – You will begin to notice a significant difference even before your treatment is complete! Most treatments are completed within one year; however this can vary from patient to patient.
- Quick and Easy – Office visits and checkups are easy, quick, and painless. Fewer appointments are required throughout your entire treatment.
You don’t need to change anything about your current lifestyle! With Invisalign you can continue participating in day-to-day activities without changing a thing. Invisalign is great for professionals, athletes, brides, and parents.
How Does Invisalign Work?
When you begin your Invisalign treatment you will receive several sets of custom fit aligners. Each set of aligners is worn for only two weeks. After two weeks you can switch your aligners with the next set and continue straightening your teeth. Over time you will notice changes in the alignment of your teeth and in just a few months you will have a straighter, healthier smile!